You may be one of the people who noticed that bikes are fast gaining traction in popularity and you would want one for yourself. Before buying your bike, you should first set out to look for rechargeable bike accessories.
One of the first bike accessories you should be looking for is rechargeable bike lights for your would-be bike since it is illegal in the UK to bike without one. The best rechargeable bike light is a bike light that would have to suit your particular specification with regards to your biking patterns or habits.
There are many different types of rechargeable bike lights available that would suit your every particular biking preference, like your preferred biking time of day, any preferred size, shape and color of the biking light, any preferred weather conditions, preferred length or duration of biking, and any preferred functionality you may want to be included with your rechargeable cycling light.
Your rechargeable biking light will vary depending on your biking patterns. Factors such as time of day, length of biking period, and weather conditions you like to bike in will affect what type of rechargeable biking light you should have. Below are some of the things you should look for in a rechargeable bike light set.
– A bicycle light’s main purpose is of two things: One, it should be able to illuminate the path you are on and heading to. Two, it should be able to be seen by others on the road with you. Depending on your preferred place or setting, rechargeable bicycle lights should have different brightness settings. Generally, at least 200 lumens front light is recommended for rural biking, 400 lumens for unlit, off-road paths, and at least 200 lumens if you are biking through highly urbanized places.
– The best rechargeable bike light is the one that will last you the longest. Having a good rechargeable bike light that you would only be able to use for a short time only is not a good rechargeable bike light at all. You should be able to enjoy all its functionality within a reasonable time period to get the most out of your money.
– A bicycle is a mode of transportation exposed to all the elements of weather. It is exposed to the sun, the wind, and the rain which would make waterproofing capabilities a necessity for the best rechargeable bike light. While most bike lights nowadays are waterproof, it is the waterproofing rate or IP code that will put the best one above the rest.
– Depending on your preferred length or duration of your biking session, a rechargeable bike light set battery life should be able to accommodate it. There are bike light sets that are perfect for a short duration of biking sessions as well as bike light sets that are perfect for three-hour biking tours
– This may seem trivial to some but the capability of multi-functionality will set the best rechargeable bike light from the regular rechargeable bicycle lights. Some bike lights have dual or multiple settings that you can change depending on the different paths you are on while other bike lights include built-in plug-in capabilities that you can use to charge your phone or music while biking.
Our expert's Choice for the Best Rechargeable Bike Light in 2021
The following are some of the best rechargeable bike lights we are able to find in the market.
Balhvit Bike Light Set, Super Bright USB Rechargeable Bicycle Lights, IPX4 Waterproof Mountain Road Bike Lights Rechargeable Front Light & Rear Light
£10.99 in stock
5 used from £8.69
Built-in 650 mAh lithium battery-powered LED front and rear rechargeable bike light set. The light set has a typical USB connection port charging so you will not need to buy any additional cables. It also comes with four light modes for different riding conditions allowing you to use it in all types of environments and settings.
It can be mounted securely with no extra tools needed using the quick connect advanced silicone mounting straps that will not fall off even during even extremely bumpy rides. Waterproof with IPX4 waterproof rating that lets you use it even in the direst weather conditions. Lightweight plastic design but is made very durable and can last a long time with proper care and usage.
✔️ Full charged at 3 hours
✔️ Lasts up to 6 hours of usage
✔️ Four light modes
✔️ Responsive customer support
👎🏽 No programmable memory for the four light modes
Defurhome Super Bright Bike Light Set, Powerful LED USB Rechargeable Front Headlight and Back Taillight
£16.99 in stock
USB rechargeable bike light set that has 2000 mAh lithium battery powered for the front light and 330 mAh USB rechargeable lithium battery powered rear light. Both front light and rear light uses Defurhome’s patented CREE LED light that is visibly brighter against other competitors. The front light and rear light can be used for up to 12 hours if used in the lowest setting.
Also comes programmed with four different modes with a one-touch switch to provide easy switching in-between modes. The front light can be mounted securely using a silicone mounting bracket and the rear light using the four-hole openings that fit most seat posts. It is multi-purpose and can be used as an emergency light in cases of power failure.
✔️ Can be used as an emergency light
✔️ Four different modes
✔️ 18 months warranty for replacement
👎🏽 Bulky built
👎🏽 Battery for rear light has been reported to not last as described
Both front light and rear light have 750 mAh battery-powered that charges as fast as 3 hours and can last for as long as 12 hours if used in the lowest setting. Both front light and rear light can be charged with any USB compatible outlet, from wall outlets, car chargers, power banks, and laptops. Batteries are integrated with circuit breakers to cut off charging to prevent overcharging. It is built with rugged, sturdy, military-grade construction materials.
Both front and rear lights can be mounted using simple and easy clip-on mounting straps. Four total light settings; two for brightness and two for flashing lights mode. It is also waterproof so you can ride any time of day in any weather you may choose.
✔️ Batteries last as long as intended
✔️ Rugged, sturdy construction
👎🏽 Reports of poor customer service.
👎🏽 Reports of rear light not charging
Made with black sturdy plastic and aluminum material, this 650 mAh lithium battery-powered front, and rear bike light set can be recharged using any conventional USB type connection. It comes in four different light modes to suit your every biking condition; be it biking day time or night time these four modes can surely accommodate your every need.
Installation is easy with an advanced silicone mounting strap that is elastic enough to fit all kinds of handlebars for front lights and seat posts for rear lights with no extra additional tools required. Both front light and rear light can be easily uninstalled in your bike to be used as an emergency light in camping and hiking alike.
✔️ Elastic mounting silicone straps to fit any handlebars and seat posts
✔️ Four different light settings
👎🏽 Questionable mounting clips
This 6-setting front and rear bike light are powered by a built-in 540 mAh rechargeable lithium battery. Its 6 settings include Strobe-like blinking, medium flashing, slight flashing, constant flashing, and constant medium bright and constant low bright. Made with IPX5 waterproof rating with the charging port made of silica gel material that absorbs seepage into the port.
Mounting straps are made of highly elastic and flexible rubber which is very durable. One of the lightest front and rear bike lights available in the market yet still very durable and sturdy and will last a long time with care. Can also be used with personal mobility vehicle aside from bicycles like scooters and hoverboards
✔️ IPX5 waterproof rating
✔️ Has charging indicator that works which is a rarity for bike lights
👎🏽 Lightweight construction
👎🏽 Theft risk
👎🏽 Lack of a “lip” on the front light makes the light spread too wide
This USB rechargeable 2000 mAh lithium-ion battery-powered front bike light and rear bike light charges within four hours and lasts up to four hours on the highest light setting and up to 9 hours of continuous use of low light setting. The battery can be recharged using a conventional USB connection port and can be plugged in wall sockets, power banks, car chargers, and laptops.
The outer body is made with aluminium plastic which makes it tough and robust even under extreme conditions. Front light produces an exceptional 400-lumen wide beam light that illuminates the road in the front well. The front light has 4 different modes while the rear light has 6 different modes. Has a sturdy mounting clip that secures well onto your handlebars and seat posts.
✔️ 4+6 different settings or light modes
✔️ Waterproof rating of IPX5
👎🏽 Simplistic design may turn away some users.
USB rechargeable LED lights set that is powered by a 650 mAh rechargeable lithium battery. The bike lights set also comes with 4 light settings for every biking need. Equipped with an easily adjustable silicone mounting strap to fit every handlebar and seat post imaginable. This adjustable feature makes it one of the bike lights with most applications possible with it being able to be used on every personal mobility vehicle or any small vehicle.
Has a charging time of 3 hours and once fully charged can last for 10 hours of continued use using the front light’s fast flashing lights. Has a stylish and classy body design that boasts an IPX4 waterproofing rate.
✔️ Stylish design and build
✔️ One of the longest-lasting battery life for a bike light set
👎🏽 Has no “low battery” indicator
USB rechargeable 5200 mAh front bike light and 1200 mAh rear light. Has 2 light setting – flashing and steady beam of light which has 3 intensities you can choose from. Luminous 1200 lumens front light, one of the brightest available in the market today.
This 1200 lumens front bike light brightness is achieved with 3 LED bulbs which individually have a 100,000 lifespan. The front light is mounted through a pen clip that is easy to fix onto your handlebars. The rear bike light is secured into your seat posts using durable silicone straps.
✔️ One of the brightest front bike lights available in the market
✔️ IPX5 waterproofing rate
✔️ The simple and ergonomic design makes it easy to be held
👎🏽 Metal bracket becomes loose often
This USB rechargeable bike light set is powered by rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. Lithium-ion batteries are fully charged within two hours and can last up to two hours for the front light and an hour for the rear light.
CREE-powered LED lights can shine up to 300 lumens and illuminate the path for you 10 meters ahead. Sleek hand-held compatible design can be easily unclipped from your bike to be used as an emergency light. The front bike light fastens securely with a snug fit using sturdy metal clips.
✔️ IPX4 waterproofing rate
✔️ Sleek design
👎🏽 Cannot be charged over 5 volts
👎🏽 The rear light has a short battery life
Absolutely the brightest of the bunch, this USB rechargeable bike light set can reach 3000 lumens on its maximum setting. 3 large LED bulbs cover a wide range of the terrain ahead, making sure to illuminate everything in its path.
It is made with military-grade aluminium casing and is IPX5 waterproof rated. Has a versatile 3 lighting modes to fit your needs. The front light can be fastened using a robust and sturdy metal clip and tightened with a screw and rear lights can be fastened to your seat post with a silicon band.
✔️ Extremely high-quality product
✔️ The brightest output available in the market
✔️ Longer-lasting bike lights set
👎🏽 The front light requires an extra tools to be fastened
👎🏽 Long charging time
It is important that your bike lights be installed properly in your bike after all a bike light cannot properly do its function if it is pointing in the wrong direction or is obscured by anything in your bike.
- For your front light
– If your front light has a hard mount bracket, unscrew the bracket and clip it onto your handlebar, make sure that the light is paralleled to the ground, and tighten the screw. If your light has quickly connected rubber straps, position the light so it will be parallel to the ground and wrap the quick connect rubber straps and lock it in place
- For your rear lights
– As with the front light, the rear light also comes in a hard mount and quick-connect rubber mount. Position your rear light near the top part of your seat post but make sure not to place it too high as a bag you are carrying or a seatpack can block the rear light.
The amount of lumens you need in a bike light depends on what time of day you are planning to go biking or your general preferred biking schedule.
- For daytime biking
– Daytime biking bike lights need not be extra bright as you can see fairly well the road you are going on. For this reason, a biking light to be used during the daytime need to be only upwards of 100 lumens for the front bike lights and below 100 lumens for the rear bike light.
- For night-time biking
– Biking during the night depends on where you want to bike. You will need at least 200 lumens for the front light and 100 lumens for rear light is recommended for rural biking, 400 lumens for the front light and again 100 lumens for rear light unlit, off-road paths, and at least 200 lumens for front lights and 100 lumens for rear light if you are biking through highly urbanized places.
EBUYFIRE Rechargeable Bike Lights Set boasting of military-grade construction and an IPX5 waterproof rating, this rechargeable bike light set is perfect for rugged, off-road daytime rides. Its sturdy metal brackets can keep the front bike light secured onto your handlebars even during bumpy trails.
Balhvit 400 Lumen Bike Lights Set’s simplistic design is perfect for those who ride their bicycles every day as it will not attract too much attention. Although simplistic in nature, this rechargeable bike light set certainly can do its job with its 4+6 lighting modes and sturdy metal clips that fasten securely.
EBUYFIRE Rechargeable Bike Lights Set is absolutely the best in the market with its high-quality military grade construction, its brightest 3000 lumens lighting capacity, and its long operating battery life, this rechargeable bike light set is certainly the most recommended bike light there is.
Bike lights are an absolutely essential biking accessory for casual and dedicated bikers especially in the UK where biking without one is illegal. While picking a casual bike light may be simple enough, finding the best rechargeable bike light can be a challenge and should be approached carefully and well thought off as with anything that you plan on having and using for a long time.